- Sterling silver is 92.5% silver and 7.5% metal alloys (usually copper).
- This small amount of copper gives the metal enough strength and hardness to be made into jewellery.
- Silver Filled is hundreds of times thicker and more durable than Silver Plated.
- Silver Filled is a thick layer of .925 Sterling Silver mechanically bonded to copper.
- Silver Filled is 1/10 or 10% by silver weight.
- Anyone who can wear Sterling Silver can wear Silver Filled without an allergic reaction.
Gold Filled and Rose Gold Filled
- Gold Filled and Rose Gold Filled is not gold plated as Gold Filled contains more gold than when plated.
- Gold Filled and Rose Gold Filled is usually either a core of brass or copper, covered by sheets of gold or rose gold in a mechanical bonding process.
- Gold filled and Rose Gold Filled is much more valuable and tarnish resistant than gold plated.
- Gold Filled and Rose Gold Filled does not flake off, rub off or change colour.
- Anyone who can wear gold, can wear Gold Filled or Rose Gold filled without worry of allergic reaction.
- Gold Filled and Rose Gold Filled will last as long as 14K gold.
- Cork Cord is a great animal-friendly alternative to leather and are completely vegan.
- The 5mm and 10mm cords have an outer layer of cork with a core of cotton.
- The stitched Cork Cord is cork wrapped around a plastic tube and has a synthetic base.
- Not only does this cork cord have an interesting texture and look beautiful, it’s also harvested in the most eco-friendly, ethical
- Cork in general is a sustainable product that can be easily recycled and reused.
- The method of harvesting cork leaves the trees it comes from intact and this keeps delicate ecosystems flourishing for years to come.